1. When getting on blogger today I realized that for every one post I do publish there are about three drafts of other posts that were started and never got finished. Oh the things I wanted to say but never did...
2. I really don't think people really pay much attention to this blog anyways... there's not much action going on here so I don't blame them.
3. I will tell you who does read this blog though... my little stalker students!!! Yes YOU!!! I know you are reading this right now and I still have no idea why you like finding anything related to my personal life that you can... but you do! I guess I might as well dedicate this randomness to you!
4. Tonight I played the game "Ticket to Ride" with my family. Everyone doubted my skills in the beginning, but then I ended up winning. No one actually believed me though and recounted my pieces a million and a half times. It felt really good to beat my Uncle Matt though. He's still in denial.
5. I do just really love my job! It makes me happy and I like going to work on most days. I think that makes my life pretty darn good!
Updates since my last one:
- I survived my first semester of teaching with only a few minor scrapes and bruises.
- Took Whit and Joe to New York with me in the fall for a long 5 day weekend. We had a blast and fit in as much as you possibly can including historic sites, countless museums, shopping, 2 different Broadways, and the Met Opera.
- Said goodbye to my little brother Joe who is now on his mission in Oklahoma City for the next two years.
- Took a job playing with the Las Cruces Symphony. Yes we are just a humble small town, but it does feel good to be playing my violin again.
- Flew to Salt Lake to celebrate my 27th Birthday weekend with my sister and other close friends. Was also surprised by lots of fun little gifts and my classroom completely decorated in streamers by my cute little students!
- Drove to Utah with the fam again over Christmas break to enjoy the New Year. Went boarding, but the snow wasn't all that great. Had a blast as always though and ate lots!
- Had a lot of new experiences and needed growth with being a "grown up." It has its pluses and minuses getting older and more educated to the ways of the world.
- Decided to still take a class for my master's program while still teaching. My professor lets me video chat during the class which takes place on the BYU campus. It has worked quite nicely I must say.
- Drove with a buddy to the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show. Made for a good long weekend!
- Took all 55 of my students up to the mountains for a weekend retreat... it was supposed to happen during a beautiful spring weekend, but we ended up having a snow storm instead. It really was one of the best weekends ever! If I had more time I would write a blog entry just about those 4 magical days of white bliss.
Things I'm looking forward to:
- Enjoying this week of spring break here in Utah!
- Ingrid Michaelson in concert in San Diego. Weekend road trip with some of the girls!
- Week in New Port, Cali with the fam like we do every summer!
- My fourth Ragnar relay! This summer I will be running the Wasatch Back again with the fam.
- My annual trip to Havasupai with the friends.
- Living in Provo again for the summer to take classes.
Random/Fun/Interesting Dates I've been on in the last few months...
- Street Racing... I had no idea about the world of street racing before that night. It is pretty intense.
- 4 Wheeling down in the Rio Grand.... yup, you heard me right. The reason we could 4-wheel down there though is because right now the river is bone dry! Made for a good time though.
- Salsa Dancing in El Paso! I loved the live band! They even had a fiddle player that was pretty awesome.
- Floating down the Rio Grand... Ok... so this one happened back when there was water in it. Unfortunately we didn't realize how low the water levels were so I really should label it as "dragging our bums down the bottom of the Rio Grand"
So yeah... the end. I'm ready for bed.