Friday, April 17, 2009

Life is Just One Big Musical

Okay, so that's not actually true. I wish everyone randomly broke out into song and dance during the day but that's not the case. Just a little random side note about me though... even though my life isn't a musical, I still have a theme song for everything. It doesn't matter what is going on in my life, I can guarantee that I have a song in my head to match it. (There are also certain people who I also have assigned theme songs for, but that a totally different story). Sometimes I like to play such songs in my car when driving and I just sing along at the top of my lungs to really express myself and let it all out. Don't expect me to divulge what such theme songs are on this public blog, but I will give a semi-recent example. There was this one time that I was at this party, and then I saw this boy. I met this boy. I talked to this boy (according to my sister I got my flirt on with this boy). I honestly thought I could have been very interested in this boy. Just a few days later though I found out that my really good friend was actually dating that boy. So much for that one eh? Well, you better believe that week one of my theme songs was "Goodbye My Almost Lover" by a Fine Frenzy. Life might not be a musical, but you better believe there is always a musical going on in my head... and who knows, you all might be part of it. Life's just a little bit more fun that way.

3 comments:

Miss Piton said...

I can appreciate that. And I can attest to that as well. For you in that situation I thought of a Bette Midler song called, "Married Men"

"the world is full of married men. Who's wives will never understand. They're lookin' for someone to share the excitement of an affair."

The lyrics aren't like the story of your life, but...I still thought of it and had to share.

Colton said...

"Something something about Bette Midler because I'm obsessed."

I'm really curious about the theme songs that you pick for people. I'm not going to flatter myself because I'm sure I'm not one of them, but could you give us an example? Did you pick one for Whit?

Don't be embarrassed about telling us who you were singing in your car. I can jam on solo to Celine Dion like its nobody's business.

Lindsey Robb said...

First of all, yes I do have one for Whit... actually there are several songs I'm sure I have for that girl but I have one that always stands out in my mind (really its "our" song), but if you've ever seen White Christmas it's the song "Sisters" (I know real creative huh? but it sure brings back memories). Second of all, heck no I'm not ashamed or embarrassed to say who I was listening to (I think most of my theme songs in the last couple of weeks have been pulled from HSM) but the reason I don't share which ones is because like I said before, I use them to express my "deep secret emotions" (haha) and believe it or not I'm a pretty private person when it comes to things of the heart. Last of all, I will ponder and see what theme song I can come up for you buddy. How's that?